Live from Baghdad

My adventures in Iraq.

Monday, December 06, 2004

New Job

The US Army Corps of Engineers is opening a Resident Office in Falluja. Wonder if I should apply?

Nah, just kidding. Actually, I just got a promotion. Thank you, thank you. I am the new Power Sector manager for the Corps of Engineers USAID Project Office (same place I am now). But now instead of just worrying about Baghdad, I'm responsible for power projects across the whole damn country. Actually, it's just an interim assignment - the resident manager leaves in a couple weeks and his long-term replacement won't be here until after the new year. But in the meantime, I get to see how much I can screw things up. Do I know anything about power generation or distribution? Let me think....nope! Oh well, the first thing you learn in Iraq is that whatever you're doing today won't be what you're doing tomorrow.